But just because it’s summer doesn’t mean we should stop reading and writing. I’ve teamed up with the YA Chicks and many participating authors on a global campaign to encourage readers, writers, students, and teachers to share pictures all of the places—both ordinary and extraordinary—where they are reading and writing. This is open to all readers/writers of both middle grade and young adult books! It runs from Friday, May 22nd – Sunday, May 31st.
You can also take part in…
A MONSTER GIVEAWAY!
I’ll be giving away a copy of JOSHUA AND THE LIGHTNING ROAD and listen up **Author Author** …. a first chapter critique of your novel! ENTER by commenting here and telling me about your book! One randomly picked winner will be notified.
And there’s more! Every author participating in this campaign is giving away books, critiques, swag and/or Skype visits.
So are you ready?
Can you guess where I am?
1. National historic landmark in the Keystone state!
2. Featured in Arts & Entertainment Network’s popular “America’s Castles” series.
3. One man erected this 6-story concrete castle to house and preserve the 40,000 handmade objects he collected of daily life in America before it was swept away by the Industrial Revolution.
4. In a county that is named after a male deer.
5. In the town that the M. Night Shyamalan movie Signs was filmed at in a farmhouse built on land there at the agricultural college.
Once you’ve figured out where I’m reading, head over to the YA Chicks site and:
- Officially enter the giveaway by inputting each author’s name and your guesses about our locations. Every author location you guess correctly increases your chances to win.
- For even more chances, post a picture of yourself reading or writing on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere (must have the hashtag).
For writer prize packs:
- Post pictures of yourself writing in a fun location on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere. Then follow the directions on the Rafflecopter giveaway to let us know you did it.
- For even more chances, gather your writer friends together and post a group shot with the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere (must have the hashtag). And hey, since you’re already together, why not host a write-a-thon?
For teacher prize packs:
- Post pictures of your class reading or writing on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere (must have the hashtag).
- Then let us know you did it when you enter the Rafflecopter. If you don’t have a Twitter or Instagram, you can email your picture directly with the picture pasted directly into the email (no attachments–we won’t open them) AND the subject, “Read or Write Anywhere.”
- You can also check out the YA Chicks Read or Write Anywhere lesson plan, available on their site.
Now, what are you waiting for? Get out there and READ OR WRITE ANYWHERE!